So today was the first day of film in harry’s film. It went well and help me a lot work work out how my camera works in production and how I canera use it to help my production next week.
I have also found that I gonna have problems storing all the data as I have shot 200GB today and going to be a similar amount about tomorrow as well.
Also got a bit sunburnt as I was outside all day.
I have finished making my shot list on the script but now I need to make this shot list into some that will work no the set and is easier to read.
I did some work last night and i when to finish it to day I found out that it did not save so I had to spend the morning redoing the work.
I so when and did a location scout to day in regate to find some location for the film and I there are a couple of different place that I going to film at. Here are some photos from the scout.
I also start to work on the call sheets for the filming days and I am planning to film it in 3 days if need have a four day.
So today has gone well so far as i am get close to the filming days. Next week i am shooting a second short film for 2 days that should go well.
So to day I did the pitch for my film and that seemed to go well and I feel that I got the point of the film over well.
I also did a little bit of research into camera sliders, as there is a camera move that wanting to do in the film to add a slow pushing in and slow pull out scene. This research I am going to continue working on it tomorrow.
I also have been working out my shot list for the film. Has I have been going thought the script there are a couple of changes that I going to make to the script as I feel it will work well. I also have been think about the lighting as well, while going through the and seeing how I going to light some scene.
So today I have final of the 3rd draft of the script this means that I now can start to plan the shorts for the film and also can set out the filming day so i can work out how is needed on what days.
The casting call is also going well as I now have got 9 applicants for the film on starnow and I am still going to talk to my friend that is at the brit school to see if they know anyone that is interested in play a role in the film.
I also have sent a message to Ted Sim that work for the lighting company aperture, to see if they will seen me some light for the film. There a high possibility that they will not send me any lights.
Looking at how the project is going it going well and going to plan with only 2 weeks to go till filming.
So I have started working on a 3 draft of the script that is just some changes to me the story work a bit better.
I also have sent out a casting call to get the actors from the film, I did want this to have been done by the end of last week so that put me a little bit behind where I wanted to be. But this has allowed me to build up the characters more, they will help the actors.
But the I do feel that the project is moving forward as I getting close to the filming dates.
I have got 2 people to read over my script and check for mistakes in the spelling/ grammar and if the dialog works or not. So I now have a second draft of the script and it also reads a lot better than it did. I also have start to sort out the information I need to put out a casting call for my actors.
Had a meeting with my composer to talk about the music for the film. We settled on a rough idea for the type of the music I wanting for the film. I also have had a actor drop of as they have got pay work come up when I going to film.
So I have hit the fist bump in the road to say but i will keep going.
So I have a first draft of the script that need to go over as there’s a lot of spelling and grammar changes needed. But it does give the idea of how the story is going to work and the rough running time of the film that is about 7 to 8 minutes.
Also been talking to the person doing the sound for the film, to get the gear need sorted out along with the date for filming.
For the cast of the film I have got 2 actors for the film already casted and I going to do a casting call for the other 4 characters this week.
So the last 3 day have been very useful and progest the film to the next point and i going to do some research into some film festivals to enter it in to when its finished.
So I have now got a 4 draft of my proposal that should be the final draft of it that allow’s me to get on with the script and finish writing the script. Also I have wrote up and looked at the results from my camera test the other. I am very help with the images that I am getting from the camera and how it is holding up in post. I am plane to get the script finished in the next couple of days. So I can start planing the filming days.
So today I did the second test shoots with my C100 MK2 in the studio and also out side with my family. I found the usual as it allowed me to experiment with the camera and also with some lighting.
Over all I found these test useful and I plan on doing a couple more most likely and also some grading test to find the grade for the film.
Did a discussion/ focus group talking about my film idea and proposal. I got some useful options for it in the age of the people I cast in the film. But as I have already developed my idea more than, I have stated in the proposal as the script has developed with the story. So I feel that the proposal is keeping me behind and delaying the time line.
But on a different note. I have moved forward with my script to the point of every close to having a 1 draft. This will allow me to start working to the shot list and also send out a casting call.